The Hamburg Gymnastic Club first opened its doors in April of 1975, becoming the first facility in Western New York and among the first in the nation to be built specifically for the sport of gymnastics. Its founder, Mr. Richard Hover first started teaching after school classes in the Hamburg school system in the late 1950′s. At a time when gymnastics was a relatively obscure sport, Mr. Hover not only included it in his lesson plans but devoted more time to gymnastics than any other sport. He realized then what people take for granted today that gymnastics provides the best way to develop strength, flexibility and coordination enabling its participants to excel at any sport. Summer backyard classes and the resulting enthusiasm of both students and parents led Mr. Hover to believe that one day he could build a facility for gymnastics where young athletes could train and take classes year round. His dream became a reality when the Hamburg Gymnastic Club was built. Today, Dave and Barb Hover proudly carry on Mr. Hover’s work, his teaching technique and coaching philosophy.